Followers

Monday 24 September 2012

To sense my space

So far i've really been  enjoying college, at first i didnt know what to make of the brief but as the first week went by i really started to get into in. The brief we were given was "to sense my space" this was open to alot of different interputation. I started brain storming all my ideas, i even threw down all the completely stupid ideas i could think of. I was pretty intimidated by the brief but i didnt want to over think about it at the same time, i just wanted to have fun with it and play around with it

I was focusing too much on the word "space" and not enough on "sense". This let me to focus on the relationship the two words have on each other. I looked at all the different senses and one that stood out to me was the sense of touch, and how this effects a persons understanding of a particular space.This then lead me onto the different textures in a particular space. What lead me onto this was that i thought if i didnt have my sense of sight, i'd know what environment or space i'm in from feeling the different textures around me.

So i began to experiment and research other artworks with the use of texture. Many of them have layers of materials that create the texture, adding and taking away.


No comments:

Post a Comment