Followers

Sunday 6 January 2013

my final piece!

My finished piece came about because of an accident. I was experimenting with plaster and fabric, i dipped the fabric into plaster and pressed corrigated cardboard onto it. when it dried i wasnt too happy with how it loojed for i began to rip some of the plaster off. this looked pretty well so i carried on so that only a trace of the imprint was left. My tutors were also interested with how it out and wanted me to do a series of them in different fabrics and with different imprints.

Since the theme of my project is texture i wanted to find some interesting textures around the city for inspiration for my plaster pieces.  through out the city i found a lot of crumbling walls and plaster from buildings, i also found the footpath to look quite interesting so this became the source of inspiration for my plaster pieces








No comments:

Post a Comment