Followers

Saturday 11 May 2013

Doll self


artist that i looked at 







Andrew Myres
i looked at hime which inspired me to create my figure with nails







karen saragsyan


Hans Bellmer




Franz West




Artist Statement

this project consided of creating a doll which had to be half my height and had to consist of 1 of more aspects of myself

I decided to represent my emotional self instead of visual representation. I find that I can be closed off at first and can put up a barrior when first getting to know people, this Is what I wanted to focus on with it project. 

I first began making an outline of  a figure but wrapped in fabric, symbloising a protective barrier. Although it looked interesting it didn’t take long to make. I decided then to make it more obvious so I cut out a figure which was exactly half my height and glued nails to the outside. I would of liked to have the figure in the round but because this was a 2 day project I wanted something that I could make quicker. 

Although I was happy with the outcome If I was to re do this project I would make it more 3D

No comments:

Post a Comment