Followers

Thursday 4 October 2012

Week 4!





I experimented with a lot of materials to create and mimic different textures. The image below is supposed to look like a tree trunk/bark. I achieved this by crunching up brown parer, tearing it and stuck it down on to ridged cardboard. I then sewed black thread into into so look like then lines on the bark. I added white yarn to give a contrast to the dark brown colours. I apologise for the bad camera quality!






I got a very light fabric and painted over it with a ix of pva and water, I then i painted over it to get a light wash. once it was dry i traced over a leaf and used indian ink for it to stand out more. i wanted to create a natural space. 


Since i am investigated the sense of touch, and i want to go into the area of sculpting, i sculpted a hand out of clay, i wanted to make it look as if it was reaching out to touch something.




No comments:

Post a Comment