Followers

Tuesday 23 October 2012

working with plaster moulds

so last monday my personal tutorial didnt go so well, they told me i hadnt done much since the previous week and they were right, it gave me the kick up the ass i needed to get motivated again cause i was getting a bit lazy and didnt know what direction to go with my project. So i begun to work like a mad woman making plaster moulds and sculptures.

I created the plaster moulds by first getting clay and impressing different textures into them. once the clay had gotten to the leather hard stage i brought them down to the plaster room. i was happy with how 3 of them turn out nut the last two were kind of a disaster (i rushed it in the end and didnt mix the plaster to well, must remember to take my time next time!) I also got small slabs of clay which i pressed random textures into so see what it would look like and they didnt turn out too shabby. the next step for them is to make wax moulds!














was happy enough with the outcome of my plaster moulds considering this was the first time i'd ever worked with plaster



while wandering around the college i popped into the sculpture studio and rumaged through the pile of unwanted scraps and found this! though it would make an interesting print for a mould.



this texture was created with scrunched up piece of paper that i pressed into my clay mould


this was created by me just pressing my finger into clay


this is how the piece of wood turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment